I. How to order background checks thru AAA Credit Screening:
- Log in to your AAA Credit Screening account. Send every prospective employee/contractor a state-wide criminal history check application. If the prospective employee/contractor has lived in multiple states during the past 7 years, you will need to request a report for each state.
- Also perform a free check at the National Sex Offender Database.
- Print the results (1 & 2 above) on paper (and as a PDF) and keep them on file.
II. How to interpret background checks:
Each state has a list of crimes that disqualify a person from working with children in a daycare setting. While state laws may only apply to daycare and education center employees, Spoiled Rotten Photography is committed to employing only people of the utmost integrity and character. If a background check reveals any of the following offenses, the prospective employee must be disqualified. These offenses include, but are not limited to:
- any felony conviction,
- any sex crime,
- solicitation of a child by computer or otherwise for the intent of committing a crime,
- transmittal of obscene material to a child,
- any crime that involves a physical or mental mistreatment of a child or the elderly,
- any crime committed against a child,
- any crime involving the sale or distribution of a controlled substance,
- any report of adult or child abuse or neglect
Your state may include other offenses for which a person may be denied employment in a child-care center. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will help guide your decision.