End of Day Activities
Wrapping up the Day
If the shoot is to take more than one day, check to see if the set can be left overnight and that the location will be secure overnight. Never leave your camera equipment, digital media cards, or session stickers at the school.
Set Break Down and Pack Up
- Pack all accessories into bags
- Turn off strobes, unplug, and begin disassembly. Pack lights in Alien Bees bags.
- Pack light stands.
- Remove any tape holding floor and backdrop in place. Discard.
- Lower backdrop and unclip. Pack clips in large duffel bag.
- Disassemble backdrop stand and pack.
- Fold or roll backdrop.
- Fold or roll flooring.
- Pack all Trick Bag toys. Place any used combs in “Dirty Comb” bag. Pack any wipe cases, bobby pins, hairdryer, hairspray, etc. back into Emergency Kit bag. Discard any used tissues, wipes or trash.
- TAKE THE BATTERY AND CHARGER FROM THE WALL. GIVE TO PHOTOGRAPHER TO PACK IN THEIR CAMERA BAG
- PLACE ALL STICKERS, NOTES, and PAPER/NOTEBOOK INTO PHOTOGRAPHER’S BAG
- MAKE SURE PHOTOGRAPHER HAS ALL MEMORY CARDS.
- Return any moved furniture to its original position. Leave the room in better condition than when you arrived.
Turn off lights. Close door. Make sure to check out with the school director. Remember to build relationships at any interaction you have with the school director or staff.