Ensure all of the listed items are in good working order at least 1 week prior to the scheduled photo shoot.
GOOD IDEA: Copy this list to your smart phone task list, and use to check equipment before each session.
IMPORTANT: Remember to go over your checklist for each day of your session. It’s easy to leave digital media cards, barcodes, session notes, and camera batteries at the office when you go for session days 2, 3 or 4.
- 3 – AlienBees B800 monolights
- 3 – Light Stands
- 3 – Light Modifiers (Giant Softbox, Umbrella with baffle, Strip Softbox)
- Remote Strobe Trigger System (receivers and transmitter)
- Back up batteries for Remote trigger and receivers
- Cable to trigger strobes (back up if remote strobe trigger malfunctions) For 6D users you’ll need a hot shoe adapter.
- 3 – Extension Cords and power strip
- Vagabond Battery (if outside and not near electrical outlet) You may need 2 Vagabonds if photographing more than 40 kids for Campus Candids with a Neutral Density Filter
- Primary Camera and Lens
- Back-up camera and lens
- Memory Cards, (a total of 32 Gb per day)
- 2 fully charged camera batteries (charge back-up camera batteries, too!)
- Battery Charger
- Expo Disc White Balance Filter or White balance Target
- Neutral Denisty Filter (for sunny outside sessions)
- Backdrop Stand
- 4 Spring CLamps
- Props and furnishings
- Baby Basket and Blankets
- Wet wipes – unscented for sensitive skin (Huggies natural is my fav)
- Hand cleaner / sanitizer
- Fingernail clippers
- Clear scotch tape
- Gaffers tape or low tack duck tape
- Lint roller
- Clean combs
- Bobby Pins
- Safety Pins
- Squeaky toys, puppets, etc.
- Soft balls to throw (ball on a string)
- Bubbles (Bubble Bear is my favorite)
- Writing utensils
- Session notes (Info from parents for sign-up sessions)
- Barcode report
Things that will make your job easier
- rolling stool – to sit on while photographing
- sheet of plastic (2) – used to sit on during outside sessions, or to put under blanket for outside sessions if it is wet
- blankets for infants – white/cream/blue/pink
- multi-cart – rolling cart to transport set
- tool belt for assistant– to hold combs, wipes, toys, etc…
- EZUp Tent with sides
- Large Golf Bag to carry light stands and softboxes… I like this one…
- Large rolling bag to carry lights and set elements – I like this one….
- Steamer to smooth backdrop; we like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Conair-ExtremeSteam-Fabric-Steamer-White/dp/B006CR9KGA/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1495211688&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=hand+steamer
- Sandbags to weigh down your outdoor lighting set up. Here are some, but there are many others… 20lbs capacity: https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Photography-Sandbag-Saddlebag-Tripods/dp/B00MHNI24O/ref=pd_day0_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00MHNI24O&pd_rd_r=NDME317Q21WGSJQZDXKM&pd_rd_w=3T6zn&pd_rd_wg=IY9yI&psc=1&refRID=NDME317Q21WGSJQZDXKM