Make Originals and Web Proofs (Bridge Method)
Published on July 12, 2017
- Create a primary folder using the folder naming convention (SESSION#-School Name- Type Session)
- Create the following sub folders — ‘Originals,’ ‘Raw,’ and ‘Web.’
- Download your files as soon as you can after your session (same day) into the ‘Raw” folder
- Make sure all your files are downloaded (check to see that the last image appears on your drive after the download)
- Download Raw files to your Primary Internal (RAID) Drive – location 1
- Also Save Raw files to an external back-up drive – location 2
- Use the file-name convention of SESSION#_Sequence Number
IMPORTANT: Your images should be on at least 2 drives before formatting the card for re-use.
Select Images to show customers
Watch Video: Cropping and Adjusting Raw Files to make Jpgs (Bridge Method)
- g you
Tag your images
- Using Adobe Bridge,
- 2* all barcodes (you will upload these to the server for sorting into sub-folders)
- 3* images to show in proof set
- 4* images you need to edit in Photoshop before posting
- 5* Photographer Favorites- to mark as such in the proof set (8 images if possible)
Make Jpgs from chosen files
- Filter for 2*s (barcodes only). Use custom crop to center crop (to just include the sticker).
- Save all barcode images to the “Originals” folder.
- Make sure all 4 corners of the barcode are viewable in the image
- Filter for 3*s and higher
- Open in Bridge (Ctrl+A selects all, Ctrl+R opens in Adobe Camera Raw)
- Crop images to best possible crop
- Your clients can order images in 4×6 (long and skinny) to 8×10 (more square) ratios.
- We want the proof that they see to be able to accommodate any of these crops.
- If you pay attention to your in-camera cropping guides, this is easy!
- As a baseline, crop the landscape images to 5×7 and the portrait images to 8×10.
- Adjust for exposure if needed (again here if you are diligent about your settings when photographing, there should be few adjustments)
- Save as 300 PPI Full Resolution (not resized) in the Originals folder
- MAKE SURE – blue size link at bottom of the bridge screen does not resize for original images. Make sure it is at 300 PPI!
- Save into originals folder.
- You can only have one originals folder per event.
Make Web Jpgs from chosen files
- Now you need to make small copies of these same files to post to the web.
- Open the jpg files you just saved in the Originals folder in Adobe Camera Raw.
- (You can make the small web files from the raw files, but if you make the web files from the jpg files- it processes faster.)
- In bridge on the blue link at the bottom of the screen, check the resize checkbox, set to 1200 px on longest side, and 72PPI.
- REMEMBER to change this back when you are processing your next set of originals.
- Check – sharpen for screen.
- Save all files to a web folder.
- Press Done.
- This will save all of your changes that you made in Bridge.
- If you select cancel your changes will be lost.