Networking for Contacts
Published on June 3, 2016
IMPORTANT: The number one way to generate leads is word of mouth.
It is very important to tell everyone you know what you do when you meet them.
- “I am a photographer” — says very little and you miss an opportunity to generate a lead.
- “I own Spoiled Rotten Photography! We bring a boutique portrait experience to preschools. We give parents a convenient way to get beautiful portraits at very reasonable prices — and give schools what they want — an easy fundraiser.”
- This is your mini-commercial; your elevator speech. You can make it your own, but use it often — you never know who might have a friend that needs us.
ASK… Don’t be afraid to ask!
- Ask friends, relatives and acquaintances if they work at, go to, or know anyone who works at a preschool.
- Civic organizations, churches, and service organizations are great places to network.