This chapter is an overview of the types of sessions we photograph and our software tools that help us manage our work.
SRP Session Types
Mini Session – this is typically a 10 minute session where we strive to capture 10-15 unique images. Typically this session is conducted on our sets, but could be outside if the school has a facility with appropriate grounds. We require parents to pre-register for this type session.
Campus Candids Session — This is a quick session of 1-3 minutes, usually outside, where we strive to capture at least 3 unique and beautiful images. Typically this session is done in the school setting without studio backdrops or props.
Cap and Gown — 1-3 minute session where we strive to capture 3-6 unique images of each child in their cap and gown.
Spoiled Rotten Custom Session — Session done for one family (not at a school).
Family Portrait Days — Mini sessions (usually on a Saturday) where anyone can sign up to be photographed. This session is typically photographed at the end of a season on the set. This session can also be used as a “make-up” session.
Fundraising Session — A family portrait day done for a particular organization — we typically donate 10% of our profits to the organization OR sell certificates for the session and the organization keeps the proceeds from the certificate sales.
Charity Events — Same as a fundraising session, but with all the proceeds donated to a charity.
At SRP, there are many steps that we take to deliver beautiful portraits to parents. Below is just a quick overview of the steps we go through to produce our portraits. Each step is discussed in detail later in the ops manual. This is a high-level overview.
Steps to produce a Spoiled Rotten portrait
- Market our product to the parents. Deliver posters, handouts and portraits tomorrow stickers, send emails, have a school display (optional). (Deliver 3 weeks before for sign-up sessions, 2 weeks before for non-sign-up sessions).
- Create Accounts. Sign up Sessions: Parents go on-line on our website (www.SpoiledRottenPhotography.com) and sign their kids up for the session (sessions that require sign-up include mini-sessions, outdoor portraits, family portrait days, fundraisers, and charity events). When the parents sign up on-line, our system creates a session ID for them. Non-Sign Up Session: Schools provide contact info to us. (campus candids, cap and gown, class photos). We upload a comma delimited file (.csv) to EZGo (events, upload subjects), EZGo creates account numbers. Log into EZGo at www.EZGOphoto.com/admin use your assigned username and password.
- Coordinate with School Director for times, locations and schedule. For sign up sessions, review what the parents wrote about their kids and see if there is anything you need to prepare for or accommodate (in EZGo, select event, view subjects- click “session notes” button).
- Print Reports to take to school for your session — session notes (in EZGo, select event, view subjects- click “session notes” button) and barcode stickers accommodate (in EZGo, select event, barcode report) you’ll photograph before each child to identify them.
- Email director and parents one to two days before the event to remind them of upcoming portraits (use EZGo, go to event, send email).
- Take the portraits. ☺
- Download the memory cards to your primary and back-up drives.
- Choose the images that you wish to show to the parents (in Bridge or Lightroom).
- Make general adjustments (exposure & crop) to the selected raw files in (Raw).
- Make original .jpg files, save in “Originals” folder (open in Raw, save at full resolution)
- Make web .jpg files- Open files from original folder in Raw save as web size (1200 px @ 72 dpi) in “Web” folder .
- Upload files to EZGo – Open FTP program, move files to your barcode import folder.
- EZGo will sort the files into folders using the barcode information that is on the sticker. – Check sort to make sure all barcodes were read- manually adjust if needed.
- Alert parents that their proof sets are ready.
- Use EZGo to send parents gallery notification e-mail.
- Print contact handouts- (in EZGo go to events, click Contact Handout) Print two copies of this report- it will print one gallery per page. Have directors had out first copy asap. Have director send 2nd copy of report home about 3 days before the order date. (add stickie notes to reports to remind director what day to hand out).
- Make or Print “Order By This Date” flyers for schools to post where parents are most likely to see them.
- Send director “proofs posted” email (in EZGo, click event, send email, select director proofs posted- make sure to change contact to School Contact) and and send electronic copy of the access codes (copy codes and send in separate email to the director or portrait coordinator. – This will tell the school contact to also use whatever means they communicate with parents to remind them of the deadline (facebook or other social media, email, newsletter, etc). – This email also asks the school contact to complete a feedback survey.
- Remind parents of upcoming ordering deadline. – EZGo will automatically send emails every 3 days, the day before and the last day of ordering. Dates are based on dates in EZGo (not PhotoCart).
- Pull the files that were ordered. – Save the script that pulls the files from the originals folder and moves them into the orders folder (Photocart, choose gallery, more tab, “Get Lab Batch File” Or “Get Mac Lab Batch File”) Save file to originals folder.
- Run batch file. Run the file from windows explorer (this file will not run through Bridge or Lightroom. (The batch file re-sizes the file to the appropriate size (sizes the file to the largest size that is ordered.) See detailed instructions for Mac file.
- Prepare the files to be sent to the Lab.
- Use Photoshop to retouch the images.
- Obtain lab report from Photocart. (choose gallery, more tab, “Download Lab Report” – this is a comma delimited text file that tells the lab what images to print and what size to print them). Save file to Finals folder.
- Upload files and lab report to Lab.
- Use ROES Events software to transmit file to lab.
- Receive and prepare portraits for delivery.
- Check each portrait with its order sheet to ensure the proper product was printed.
- Inspect each portrait for quality issues.
- Correct and re-order portraits that do not meet our quality standards.
- Package portraits according to SRP standard.
- Sort orders by class.
- Mail orders that selected and paid for home shipping.
- Use EZGo to send parents the “portraits delivered” e-mail.
- Write a personal note to the director.
- Deliver commission check with the portraits
- Schedule next session with school director.
- Get feedback – EZGo sends a survey as soon as an order is placed. – EZGo sends a survey all the contacts that did not place an order. – Review feedback from parents. – Review feedback from school coordinator.