Photographer Certification Program
When you signed on as a Spoiled Rotten Photography Photographer, you committed yourself to a continuous process of learning and growing to make yourself a better photographer! We want to recognize and reward your efforts with our Photographer Certification Program.
The Photographer Certification Program
- Is a competitive program where you earn merits for award winning images in our image competitions.
- A way to be recognized for increasing your knowledge and skills as a photographer
- There are 4 certification levels
Requirements for each Certification
- Photographer- Certificate – Successfully complete photographer training
- Apprentice – Rose Gold Metal – Earn 5 merits
- Craftsman – Silver Medal – Earn 10 merits
- Master – Gold Metal – Earn 25 merits
How you earn merits
- Summer Image Comp – ½ merit for each image that scores over 80
- Conference Image Comp – 1 merit for each image that scores over 80
Competition is more than just a way to be recognized for your work and get awards. Image competition is important for one simple reason. We have 2 Image competitions each year: Summer and Annual Convention. Participation is mandatory for each photographer. Individual rules will be distributed at least a month in advance before each competition. Typically, the summer image competition is in July or August and the Anual Image competition occurs during our annual conference – typically in January.
- It Makes you a better photographer.
- Being a better photographer means your work is more sellable
- Being a better photographer means you get more correct in the camera and spend less time behind the computer.
Image Competition Categories
- Individual Baby (non-walking)
- Individual Toddler (walking to 2 years old)
- Individual Preschooler (3-5 years)
- Individual Older Child (6 or above)
- Sibling Group (2 or more children)
- Family (1 or more adults and 1 or more children)
- Furry Friends (Animals or Animals and their people)
- Professional Portrait
- Richmond Award – Certificate/Print Credit
- People’s Choice – Certificate
- Judges Choice – Certificate