Tracking Employee’s or Contractor’s Time
Once you have 2 or 3 people to keep up with, you may find it useful to have your people complete an on-line form to keep up with their hours. It’s a handy way to keep everything in one place and be able to track what people were working on!
We have a time tracking form in the shared google drive in the Time Tracking folder.
- Right Click on the Time Tracking Input form.
- Choose “Add to My Drive”
- Create a “Time Tracking” folder in your Google Drive
- Move Time Tracking Input form to the “Time Tracking” Folder
- Double click to open form, and edit as necessary (you’ll want to add your own names and schools or tasks)
- At the bottom of the form, click Send Form – email this form to your team.
- When it asks where to put the information, click Add new spreadsheet
- Google forms will add a new file in your folder – this is where the data will appear in spreadsheet form.
- When your people get the URL (from the email that was just sent), have them add it to their home screen on their phone or computer.
- They may have to click the “complete form in Google Docs” button to get the URL
- Have them complete on the SAME DAY as their work.
- Check spreadsheet for their hours when you are doing payroll.