Spoiled Rotten pilots program at PreK-8 School – Revolutionizing School Pictures!
School pictures. You remember them. That forced smile in front of a blue background… year after year. Some might call them Traditional. I’m inclined to say Outdated.
For 10 years, Spoiled Rotten Photography has worked with private preschools and a handful of private elementary and middle schools. We strive to capture the unique spirit of every child, every time. We are now piloting a program at a local public school that we hope will revolutionize “School Pictures.” The average school photographer spends just 20 seconds with each student and gives their parents only one pose to choose from. With only 20 seconds per student, that one pose may not be their best expression, either. Let’s just hope their clothes were straight and their hair was not sticking up like baby chicken feathers! School photographers have told me they want every pose to look the same so the yearbook will be uniform. I say every child is unique! Can’t we let their personality come through… just a little? After all, that same tired pose is rarely the most flattering for a child. And that straight-on mugshot? Well that just won’t cut it, anymore.
The Academy for Academics and Arts… you are our school! Here’s the schedule:
Thursday, Oct 10th- Extended Standard Students, Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st Grade.
Friday, Oct 11th – 2nd through 7th grade
NOTE: DATE CHANGE: 8th grade portraits- Wednesday, Oct 16th- 8th graders will have an outdoor portrait session – Click Here For Details.
Here are samples from the set we are using for the Fall Portraits….
What to wear? Fall colors will look FABULOUS! Browns, Mossy Greens, Blues, Deep Reds, Golds, Tans, Black, Classic Cream, or White will all look AWESOME! Avoid bold patterns, stripes, plaids or clothing with large logos or writing.
Here’s what we will do differently:
- Spend more time with each child
- Capture 3 or more poses
- Connect with each child to elicit real expressions
- Use fresh (but always classic) backgrounds
- Show parents sample photos and suggest appropriate clothing
- Provide flexible packages – parents choose the poses and the sizes
- On-line ordering – a convenient system that supports flexible packages and allows us to show multiple poses
- Built in retouching – we want each portrait to look it’s best and we don’t think you should have to pay extra for that
- Real photographers – who care about giving the parents and the students a beautiful portrait they can be proud of!
So wish us luck! We are so excited to photograph the 515 students at The Academy!
Stay tuned… we’ll see if our pilot program works and if the school and parents appreciate our way of doing “school pictures.”